Terms of Service:
- No work begins, or projects scheduled until the deposit or payment for discounted packages is made. I will not start or schedule work until the invoice is paid.
- All fees & costs will be determined & agreed upon before any work commences.
- Projects are accepted and completed on a first come, first served basis.
- Cost overages may apply if any changes are made once work has begun.
- The final invoice or remainder of the balance must be paid in full before you will have complete access to all administration functions of your website & any materials & licenses used to create your site are released, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- All work will be complete on the time agreed upon. I will not make claims for completion that I cannot back up, or that time does not allow.
- All clients are responsible for obtaining proper permissions for use of any images or content that they submit to me for use on their project, & that all text submitted is either original, or copy-written by said company, organization, or individual client. In other words: It must be yours, or you have permission to use it.
- We reserve the right to refuse work on Websites, Blogs & Social Media profiles that promote racism, hate, or illegal activity.
- All invoices can be paid with any major credit card via Pay Pal. All invoices are due upon receipt. After 3 days late, the client will be responsible for late fees of an additional 10% of the total. On the 6th day an additional $10 a day until paid in full.
- We will not do business with or accept payment from minors (under 18 years old) under any circumstances, without their parents permission.
- Monthly maintenance & support services are billed the month in advance. At this time I don’t require any long term contracts. However, contracts are available for 6 month & yearly discounts.
All projects are priced based on the degree of difficulty, and the time that they will take to complete. However, on occasion due to no fault of my own a project can drag out for months. In these cases 2 things are happening.
- The project is now not worth the same to me. It has decreased in value because the length of the engagement has increased.
- The client is now receiving more value by having me engaged longer, while also keeping their project a priority, but at no additional cost.
Deposits are not unlimited retainers. If a project is excessively delayed by the client’s lack of involvement, repeatedly not following through on needed tasks, long periods of silence, not responding to communications, taking spontaneous vacations and so on, and there is no reasonable explanation for the delay there will be late fees attached and no work will be released until it is paid.
Additional fees/penalties can include:
- Ending engagement and forfeiture of deposit. Client will keep whatever work has been done, and all materials that they have paid for.
- Weekly late fees of 10% of the final balance for every week the project is delayed over the agreed upon time. The full and final balance will still be due.
- An Interim payment of 50% of the balance to keep the project open and a priority.
- I reserve the right to add on any fees to recover any losses incurred including loss of work, money for materials and supplies, and unpaid billable hours.
Invoicing & Late Fees
I am very flexible & understand the trials & expense of running a business. After all, I too am running one. However, at times it is necessary to implement late fees for clients who are excessively tardy with payments. 99.9% of the time, late fees are the result of lack of communication. To avoid any confusion, always assume the following:
- All Invoices are due the day of receipt. No exceptions.
- Flat Rates & Discounted work must be paid in full, on time.
- Any payment arrangements must be made & agreed to BEFORE any work begins. Any attempt to negotiate a payment arrangement after your invoice is due, will still incur late fees.
- Weekly & Monthly clients will incur a late fee of an additional 10% of the total after 72 hours, unless there is communication before the invoice is due. After 5 days past due, additional charges of $10 a day will be added . This will be strictly enforced!
- Non payment ( without communication ) can result in removal of any work, restoring your website to it’s previous state, & in the case of a new website…being locked out of the administration panel until payment is made in full or arrangements made.
- I reserve the right to discontinue service at anytime for late payments.
- The key to avoiding late fees & service interruptions is to simply keep the lines of communication open.
Dissatisfaction / Refund Policy:
I strive to have happy clients at all times & give the best possible service to insure that your project meets or exceeds your expectations. I am confident that wI can meet any & all challenges & resolve any issues that come up. However, there may be times when unforeseen circumstances arise. In that event, the following policies are in place:
- Deposits serve as retainers for a specific job & cover any costs of licenses & materials. Deposits are non-refundable. Any special consideration is at my discretion & on a case by base basis
- Deposits for flat rate projects or discounted work cannot be refunded.
- If at all possible, in the event that a project is terminated before completion, I will deliver any raw materials & licenses to the client as is, minus any customizations or modifications.
- Projects cannot be canceled within 48 hours of agreed upon time of completion. In the even that you attempt a cancellation within 48 hours of completion, you are still responsible for the full balance of the agreed upon cost & you will not receive any materials, access to your website or any work that has been done until the balance is paid.
- I reserve the right to end engagement & refuse further service when there is gross unprofessionalism, abusive language, constant gaps in communication, or any other actions that intentionally sabotage the project, or create a hostile work environment. This is purely at my discretion & no deposits, fees of retainers will be refunded.
- [FOR SUPPORT PACKAGES ONLY] If I determine that a refund is appropriate, it is generally prorated for any time spent or work already done, and the balanced returned within 90 days of the determination. This is purely at my discretion, although I try to be as fair as possible.
- Lastly, as a small business person, We are certainly no stranger to unforeseen circumstances & cash flow problems. Keeping the lines of communication open is the first step in working through any problems or difficulties. We will always try & accommodate any extenuating circumstances when ever possible to do so.